Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Landscapes

I don't do many landscapes - I should do especially as I love hill walking so much and my first paintings were landscapes, albeit not very good ones! - but I've become scared of doing them - I keep going for the easy option, every now and again I'll have a go but I keep telling myself, when I get better at painting I'll try out some more landscapes!  but I know if I don't practice doing landscapes I'll never get any better at them! I will try and do more and maybe writing this blog will give me the push to do it.

Penycloddiau in the rain
by Sharon Whitley the Rambling Artist
I painted this after I got a good soaking on a walk up here on the Clwydian Range on my birthday - and I had no waterproofs because the day had started out lovely and sunny.

Sharp Edge
by Sharon Whitley the Rambling Artist
 This is a painting of my favourite mountain in the Lake District, it needs more colour and the sky is a bit too blue but there are aspects of it that I like even if it isn't great as a whole

Morecambe Bay
by Sharon Whitley the Rambling Artist
 from a photo by walking friend Rob Mc Ewen.  I loved the photo and it has been painted by a few artists on PMP. This is my version, the bg mountains should be paler in tone to give distance but overall not too displeased with it


Northern Territory, Australia
by Sharon Whitley the Rambling Artist
 from a photo posted by Robyn Lovelock on PMP (more about her later). I tried to keep the detail on the rock formations and loosen up as I came out .  That's Ayre;s rock in the sea in the distance - I know it's not supposed to be sea but I know it looks like it with the shade of blue I've used !!!!

Moel Famau
by Sharon Whitley the Rambling Artist
I tried to paint this loosely and quickly without looking too much at the reference photo so I didn't add too much detail

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Sharon, great to share this journey with you! I too have problems with landscapes ... maybe one day! Keep at it, you are a great artist and your blending is super. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice variety of paintings here Sharon. Different styles, different palettes. All of them would look good in a frame. Ever thought of taking your watercolours up the hills with you? Or is it too cold and windy in these places?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about it yes, would love to do that although not sure what Gary would do while I'm sat there painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, Many thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog, great to be in touch with a fellow like minded lover of art and rambling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you here Jane, I've only just started the blog so not a lot here at the moment, hope to see you here again when I've got into it all a bit more! Thank you for taking a look

      Delete
  5. These are all lovely landscapes, Sharon! I particularly like the Welsh mountain path (very atmospheric) and Morecambe Bay (childhood memories of holidays in Morecambe, Heysham and the surrounding area). I love to be hilly country too so I hope you manage to get out there, rambling and sketching, and post your work to help me remember what I'm missing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by and taking a look at my work - am thrilled you like the landscapes here as it is an area I lack confidence in but really want to be able to do more of as I love the being out and about so much - your comments have given me a much needed boost, thank you

      Delete
  6. Hello Sharon, thanks a lot for your visit to my blog and for the kind comment you left. I have had a look to your artworks and I have to say that I like your paintings, particularly your landscapes, like these in this post. The first one is simply wonderful! Have a good week end! Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tito for dropping by and as I said to Michael above it is so encouraging to have people comment positively on my landscape paintings and gives me a much needed boost to try more of them, thank you so much

      Delete

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx