Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

Blue Tits

I've not been doing as much painting as usual lately sadly but on the upside I have finally been getting back out and about in the mountains - to see what we've been up to pop over to Two Pairs of Boots.

The couple of watercolours I have done have been inspired by watching the birds in the garden at this time of year.  Both of these have been painted from beautiful photos taken by Dave Webb.

© Sharon Whitley 
Feed me, feed me!

© Sharon Whitley
Baby Blue Tits

and here is one of the photos I took of a pair of  adult Blue Tits, one feeding the other in the garden, lovely to see.   



On another note I was dismayed to read about the call for allowing the destruction without license of nests of birds such as robins, starlings and wagtails!!!!  This blog on the subject makes interesting reading and if it's true then I can only fear all the more for the state of our British wildlife - so sad




10 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see your beautiful paintings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photos and watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird paintings are delightful and I love them. Interesting link too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great paintings! And a great photo, too :) I am so afraid you will catch the photo bug and stop painting!! I hope you continue to do both. Now I will read that article but I imagine it will make me sad and angry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no chance of that Rhonda - I'll never stop painting!

      Delete
  5. Lovely paintings! I can understand why some folks have a problem with starlings but robins are not a nuisance, are they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paintings and photos of the birds are wonderful but I was quite distraught reading about the change in the laws regarding the protection of their nests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just darling! I can hear their chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely birds painting! Birds love each other.


    artisoo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx