Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Painting Watercolour Christmas Cards



Christmas is drawing ever closer and over the last couple of evenings I've been spending a bit of my spare time painting watercolour Christmas cards based on a frosty robin painting I did recently




I've been enjoying painting these little cards - nice and relaxing - no two robins are the same and each card is unique, then I decided to try some snowdrops cards


and can you spot the holly card below....


...I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that robins are my favourite to paint though ...... have a lovely day everyone

13 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Sharon. Are these for your 'own private consumption' or do you have prints made and sell commercially?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are fantastic, Sharon, small paintings each on its own! They should make the recipients feel really special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unique gifts for the lucky recipients

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely cards Sharon, your robins are just adorable ! I also started doing some Christmas cards but I find painting small very difficult..and no success yet :-((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon. The cards are cute. But I admit to being an Ebenezer Scrooge - before the change - as far as Christmas goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are wonderful Sharon... I envy your lovely talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Son muy bonitos, especialmente el petirrojo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet, those robins! I have to think about Christmas cards soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every year I say I'm going to make my own cards ... and every year I don't do it. These are fabulous, especially the Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..these are adorable! Your family and friends must be so excited to get your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards... I watercolor Christmas cards also.. have most my life... nice to find someone else that enjoys it also... you have a beautiful country to paint in... enjoy!!! and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx