Pages

Monday 11 January 2016

Offas Dyke Path

It was another lovely day weather wise today and they've been few and far between lately!  As it was my day off, I took Holly for a good walk down the Offas Dyke Path near where I live in North Wales.  The Offas Dyke Path is a long distance footpath which roughly follows the 8th century Offas Dyke which originally formed the boundary between England and Wales.  The views were fabulous today over the Vale of Clwyd and over to the snow covered mountain tops of Snowdonia. It was so good to be out.

Holly always finds a stick to carry, the bigger the better

Lovely to look over to the snow covered tops in Snowdonia

A crisp winter's day, frost still on the bench and underfuot making that lovely crunchy sound when you walk!

Looking over the Vale Clwyd, this view is constantly to the left of you when you walk down this lovely ridge




Moel Arthur on the right Penycloddiau on the left - both iron age hill forts

Dropping down into the valley near Cilcain

Back up towards Moel Famau looking down into the valley 


Oh and on another positive note I happened to weigh myself yesterday and it appears I've lost 5lb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx