Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Meet Barry!

Having a camper van is something I've dreamed of for years and I took the plunge this month and got one!  I've called the camper Barry which was my dad's name and I see it as a tribute to him and a way of doing something positive with what he left us. It felt the right thing to do and I know he would have approved. I've now got the freedom of being able to drop everything and escape to all sorts of wonderful places whenever I can and I intend on making the most of this new found freedom. We took our first trip in it at the weekend and drove up to Aviemore - a long journey from North Wales! Here's Barry parked up at the Uath Lochans car park in the Inshriach Forest, a beautiful spot.



We took a walk from here up to Farleitter Crag where we came across this stunning view over the lochans.

The next day it rained most of the day but this didn't stop us! We drove up to Chanonry Point where bottlenose dolphins come to feed on salmon on the rising tide.  I went for a walk down the beach and came across a delightful little path alongside the coastline which was lined with bluebells.  When I returned to Chanonry point the dolphins were in full flow feeding on the salmon and breaching.

Bottlenose dolphins at Chanonry point (photo taken by Gary Jones)

I had forgotten my waterproof trousers and was rather wet with all the rain so it was wonderful to just go back to the van, put the heating on, get changed and sit with my feet up with a cup of coffee listening to the rain splashing against the roof.

The next day was sunny and warm again and I went for a very early morning walk from Aviemore up Craigellachie which has stunning views over to the Cairngorm mountains.  Here is Holly on the way up - she's loving the new van too!



This week we are planning a trip down to Skomer Island, driving down after work and staying in the van so that we are ready for the morning boat over to Skomer Island so I'm sure there will be lots of puffin photos to show you after the trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx