Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Avocet pure and simple

I love the simple lines and pattern of this beautiful bird - and I wanted to keep the painting simple too. You've just got to love these birds! This is painted from a photo by Gary Jones who needs to get his blog up to date!

© Sharon Whitley
Avocet

Have had a couple of lovely trips to Chester Zoo lately where we (or Gary!) got some great photos of the tiger cubs and cheetah cubs.  Yesterday we went to Knowsley Safari Park - I haven't been there since I was a child, wonderful driving through the lions, rhinos etc. and then off to watch the Sealion show and the Bird of Prey displays.  Definitely recommend it for a family day out!

4 comments:

  1. 'Pure and simple'....Excellent too Sharon.

    As for Gary needing to get his blog up to date, I'll second that. Come on Gary, we need your blog up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon This is truly a stunning bird and you have captured it very well, but simply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Sharon, this little bird really looks like it is walking through the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Sharon,
    Your work really inspires me.....I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx