Pages

Thursday 11 October 2012

Sparrowhawk work in progress


I've finally made a start on Brian Rafferty's Sparrowhawk photo (thanks Brian!) - Ann mentioned in my last post that she thinks my sparrowhawk is playing games with me and I think she's right - just a brief glimpse yesterday before he flew away!  - I will get a photo of him one day!!  I'm trying to put a bit of detail in this one while still keeping a fairly painterly style and after this I'll have a go at a looser, splashy version! - I'm quite liking how this is going so far and just hope I don't ruin it! - leaving this for now as it's an early start in the morning to drive up to the Lake District for a good walk - I can't wait to get out in those hills!  Have a lovely Friday everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this beauty when you've finished it Sharon, and by the way, the Greenfinch below is certainly no 'howler'....brilliant.

    Thanks for your support of Birds2blog, always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very promising indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - so cool to see you revealing the beauty of the sparrowhawk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great start. Enjoy the Lakes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent so far, Sharon! I look forward to your next post!! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is looking really good, Sharon. You've passed the worst part and I have no doubt you will make a super painting here. I too have notices a degree of detail working it's way into my work but I feel there is a place for detail and impressionism to work hand in hand. I hope you are enjoying the Lakes, we spent many a summer at Ullswater ... hope the weather is kinder to you than it is in Scotland at the moment. Tc ~X~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful already, Sharon. I'm having the same problem , trying to catch a glimpse of a bird here that sings the most beautiful song. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon. I like how it's going also..Glad I could help out with this one. Looking forward to seeing your final painting. Hope you have enjoyed the lovely weather this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very right to like it, it's very beautiful Sharon!! Can't wait to see it fininshed :)
    Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful drawing and paintings. :) And I really do like that you picked animals and landscapes as subjects. Can´t wait to see the finished bird.
    Best wishes, Epi

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx