Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Simples!

I've commented before here that my family are not the greatest fans of my artwork - they don't get the loose thing and prefer more photo realistic paintings - they do like my drawings but when it comes to watercolours where I tend to be looser they're not quite sure and will sometimes say things like 'is it finished?' or 'what is it?'  and sort of cock their head as if it's going to look any better from a different angle!!!!  But then from time to time they will like something and have even asked me to paint things for them.  My eldest daughter is meerkat mad and asked me to paint one for her -' but make sure it looks like a meerkat' she said - 'don't do that loose thing with it'!!!!  As if?  So here is my unloose meerkat - and thank goodness - she loved it - hurray result!!!!!

Simples!
by Sharon Whitley the Rambling Artist

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon:) My husband is exactly the same! Only exact copys he like. I always tell him I can make a photo of it.
    So for his sake the waxwing will be a exact copy. I hope I won't hear him for a while then:)
    Family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's good to know I'm not the only one who get's that sort of response from family! It's a good job we've got broad shoulders eh! Oh I'm really looking forward to seeing your waxwing renate, they are gorgeous birds.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I'll be part of your gang...my lot are completely the same, Mr.Mimi still keeps asking why I keep knackering paintings with "knitting"...sigh... gotta luv 'em eh?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you sure have gotta luv em - we'll carry on regardless though eh? So glad I came across your blog - it's the best I've seen so far, so entertaining and I just love what you do - just the watercolours on their own are fantastic but when you add the stitching - wow!!! Brilliant! Keep em coming, can't wait to see more xxx

      Delete

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx