Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Back to painting!


Barn Owl (part of my latest study page)

I've neglected the brushes recently but have got them out again over the last few days and completed two more pages for my ongoing wildlife journal, one of a barn owl we've watched a couple of times hunting in the afternoon and another of ptarmigan seen on our trip to the Cairngorms at the beginning of the month.  It's good to be painting again!



I'm happy to say that the first two red deer  watercolours which I painted to raise money for the South West Deer Rescue Association have been sold.  One of these paintings may be used as their logo which would be a lovely honour if that goes ahead.  I've also been helping out with artwork for a logo for another association so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens there.

There is also good news on the work front and I'm currently being trained as a Forest School leader, something I've wanted to do for a long time now and I'm thrilled to have been given the opportunity through work and am looking forward to putting it all into practice once I'm trained. This is the little camp in the woods where we have been having our training.  Today we've been building shelters, chopping and sawing wood, making crafts using woodland resources, making camp fires and more - lots of fun and learning new skills too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx