Pages

Friday 19 February 2016

A recent wander in Snowdonia



'The mountains are calling and I must go' 
John Muir


I just love walking in the mountains especially on a good weather day so when I saw that the forecast was looking bright and sunny last Monday I headed off to Snowdonia for the day with Holly.  We went for a wonderful walk in one of my favourite areas, Cwm Idwal, then in the afternoon decided to walk up Crimpiau which has lovely views in all directions.  The sun was getting low as I was descending Crimpiau so I decided to stay and watch the sun set before heading home.  I hope you enjoy this selection of photos from the day

Cwm Idwal

Pen yr Ole Wen from the head of Llyn Idwal

Pen yr Ole Wen and Llyn Idwal

Idwal Slabs 

Pen yr Ole Wen and Llyn Idwal

Y Garn and Foel Goch

Snowdon 

Holly at Llynnau Mymbyr with the Snowdon horseshoe in the background

Snowdon from Capel Curig pinnacles


Holly on Crimpiau with Llyn Crafnant below

The view from Crimpiau towards the Ogwen valley


Sunset




NEVER STOP EXPLORING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx