Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

Snow Angel


This is one of my Christmas card designs for this year - it's from a photo I've been admiring for a long time from Paint my Photo (link to site on the side bar) and was taken by Alison Ventura.  I decided to paint her using just one colour, my favourite indigo and then splattered some white gouache around the hair to give a snowy effect.  I hope you like her and think she's appropriate for a Christmas card.

Yesterday we were out walking again and ended up in the rain yet again, but we're determined to get our fitness back up after our illnesses which means when our day off comes we have to just go for it, whatever the weather.  We did Snowdon yesterday, the highest mountain in Wales and England and we got very wet and very cold, our waterproof jackets both failed on us but then I realised that I'd left the arm vents open on my jacket so it was letting the rain right through duh!!!  

Off out for another walk tomorrow to the Remembrance Service on the top of Great Gable, hopefully it will stay dry!

8 comments:

  1. I love your snow angel Sharon. Really like how you have painted the ice particles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sharon, this girl's face is perfect for Christmas!
    She brings a sense of joy but also of thoughts ... She is looking something beyond ... just like an angel!
    A beautiful painting where the monochrome indigo adds depth and mystery.
    Have nice days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely Sharon with a very special expression, and I love the way you painted the snow , looks so real !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a snow angel, something different to the usual Father Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous--such an appealing subject. Love your choice to paint it all in grays and the little crystals.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you so much for leaving a comment - I will always try to leave a reply and pop over to visit your blog if you have one - although sometimes I may be slower than others, have a wonderful day xx